KMTA is expanding its menu of competitions for keyboard, instrumental and vocal students in Junior, Secondary and Senior age groups. We’ve added a page to the website just on Competitions and Awards with all the latest information. Competitions are open to students of all independent music teachers who reside or teach in Kitsap County, WA. Registration forms are coming soon. For even more information, contact Mary Grant.
Monthly Archive: November 2016
Kitsap Young Musician’s Festival is tomorrow! Students should arrive a few minutes early to find their seats. Even if you do not have students playing in the KYMF you are more than welcome to attend! The recital times are 10:00, 11:30, 1:00, 2:30, and 4:00, at Central Kitsap Presbyterian.
The Monster Concert is a couple months out, but now is the time to prepare! There are still some openings for late intermediate/advanced level students, check the Monster Concert page for details. Please contact Laura Meredith ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) if you would like to add or remove a piano student. Teacher spots are filled, but if you didn’t get a spot and are sorely disappointed let us know and we will see what we can do! Don’t forget to have your students and parents review and sign the information and sign up sheet. Once you have done that please let Laura Meredith know who will be playing what parts (by early December). If you need details on what piano books your students need, contact Melanie Harris ( email@example.com ).
Christmas at the mall is quickly approaching! Please contact Leslie Devine ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) if you would like to sign up for a time slot (every weekend between Thanksgiving and Christmas).
It’s November and coming events are really starting to pick up speed! We are going to combine all the latest news here in a single blast, with links to other pages on our website for more information.
1. Read all about it in this month’s issue of Quavers! The current issue includes news about Adjudications, the Music Carnival, Christmas at the Mall and more.
2. Register students for Kitsap Young Musicians Festival — deadline is Friday November 4! Event is November 19.
3. Attend the chapter meeting on Friday November 11. Special presenter is Darden Burns, on “Playing by Ear, Improvising & Arranging Music: Ideas for integrating these into lessons from the beginning.”
4. Report your estimated adjudication minutes to Sun Gamble (keyboard) and Jane Melin (strings) by November 15. See Sun’s post, here.
5. Plan for your students’ participation in the Movie Music Monster Concert on January 28. Details here.
Don’t miss out on an event because you didn’t sign up in time… check the links above for all the details. You may contact any of the event chairpersons for more information.