KMTA member teachers are encouraged to take advantage of many free or low-cost resources to establish their own studio web presence. If you have a studio website, a link to it can be added to your listing on our popular Find a Teacher page. Notify the webmaster (listed on Officers page) of your web address.
Here are some of the most popular user-friendly services that many of our teachers are already using:
- Your internet service provider may offer personal web pages to subscribers. Comcast has recently discontinued this service but Wavecable and others may still have it.
- Facebook – make a Page for your studio. You don’t need to actively use Facebook as an individual to set up a Page but you do need to create a Facebook account to access Pages.
- WordPress.com – A “blogging” service that also works for creating traditional websites. Many free templates available. Not the easiest for a novice user to learn, but if you have some technical savvy or know a highschooler who does, you can have a site built that will then be easy for you to update and maintain.
- Google Sites – Available to anyone with a Gmail address. Rudimentary site-builder but a good place to start.
- Wix.com – Free website builder with templates. More options available for small monthly fee.
- Weebly.com – Free website builder with templates. More options available for small monthly fee.
- Jimdo.com – Free website builder with templates. More options available for small monthly fee.
Here is a more detailed comparison of the last 3 services.
Domain name registry – The above sites and services will give you a semi-custom site name like mymusicstudio.serviceprovidername.com. For a more professional site name like mymusicstudio.com, you will need to establish your unique domain name with a domain name registrar. Options include (in alphabetical order) dreamhost.com, enom.com, godaddy.com, name.com, namecheap.com, 1and1.com. Maintaining your unique domain name costs about $15 a year. Once you have established a domain name, most of the website-building services listed here can help you point this name to your pages on their site for a seamless user experience.