Come one, come all to the Music Carnival! This all-day event usually hosts over 200 students engaging in performances, ensembles, music-related arts and crafts displays, demonstration of music theory knowledge through WSMTA Music Literacy Program (MLP), carnival games and food. Sponsored by the Dorothy Woodcock Endowment, the Carnival is usually held the 4th Saturday in April at Gateway Fellowship Church in Poulsbo. The 2019 Carnival is in April 27th.
CARNIVAL INFORMATION FOR TEACHERS is on a separate page. Please read through the information for the steps to make the Carnival and Musicianship Exams a success for your students and studio.
Printable resources are listed below. Click to open, save and print. To assist with the Carnival in any way, contact Debra Florian.
- Music Literacy Program page of the the WSMTA website.
- a parent information letter detailing the Carnival and Music Literacy Program (formerly “Musicianship Exams”).
- the Parent Permission Slip/Registration Form. Every student must have a signed permission slip on file at the event, so we included it with the registration information.
- a registration worksheet to help you organize your entries prior to completing the online registration.
- a very colorful poster provided by Jane Melin, that you may print off and post in your studio and around town (also in gray scale). We want to raise the visibility of our association and our event, and non-members are welcome to participate, so please place these posters in advantageous places! 😊